Cocos Creator 1.0.2 officially released!
We are excited to release version 1.0.2 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.
- [Animation] Allow position.x and position.y properties can be added separately in an animation
- [Windows] Use new installer framework based on Squirrel.Windows. New version of Cocos Creator will be installed to %User/AppData/Local/CocosCreator, different version will be stored in sub folder named as app-x.x.x.
- [Dashboard] Dashboard stays in memory now. When open a project the Dashboard window will hide, and show up again when the project is closed. Added Systray icon for dashboard. You can open multiple project from Dashboard now.
- [JSB] Fixed newly created cc.SpriteFrame via url cannot be displayed when assigned to sprite issue.
- [Engine] We include cocos2d-x prebuilt library in installation so no more manually building for that.
- [Render] Add SpriteDistortion component for simulating a 3D ball rolling effect
- [Render] Add Circle mode for Mask component
- [Render] Fixed rotating a node with Mask will not display correctly issue.
- [Console] Optimized duplicated message into collapsed messages.
- [Animation] Fixed switching among multiple animation clip may cause timeline to lock up issue.
- [Animation] Fixed play animation direction error when wrapMode is set to Reverse
- [Animation] Fixed root node may jump to other position when updated sample issue.
- [Component] Fixed help button link on builtin components
- [Component] Add tooltip for Layout and EditBox components
- [Prefab] Fixed when reference a node from scene on a component attached to Prefab may cause duplicated node instantiated together with prefab issue.
- [Tiledmap] Fixed rotated tile in a tax file will not display correctly issue.
- Build] emit a editor:build-finished message after a successful build process. So plugins can catch that and do modifications to the built project.
- [Build] Fixed iOS project templates may cause rejection when submitting to iTunes connect issue.
- [Auto Update] Fixed when text is large in change log, the window will not display all content issue.
You Tube video.
There are also many demos to show a complete game:
- ‘Dark Slash’ basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ‘Dark Slash’ game resources to make this tutorial.
- UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
- Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
- Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
- Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.
We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!