We are happy to announce that cocos2d-x v3.5 is released.
Highlights of v3.5
- added 3d particle system, it supports Particle Universe
- disabled MoveTo::reverse(), because it is meaningless
- fixed transparent BillBoard and Sprite3D rendering error
- fixed the bug that Motionstreak does not work with MoveTo and MoveBy
- fixed potential memory leak in AutoReleasePool
- more bugs fixed
Features in detail
3d particle system
With 3d particle system you can create more cool effects. It allows to import particles from Particle Universe. The usage of 3d particle system is as follow:
- create 3D particle with particle (.pu) file and material file
auto rootps = PUParticleSystem3D::create("lineStreak.pu", "pu_mediapack_01.material");
- Create 3d particle with particle (.pu) file only. Suppose the path of the particle file is /path_of_particle/a.pu, the the material files should be in /materials.
auto rootps = PUParticleSystem3D::create("advancedLodSystem.pu");
For more information, please refer to cpp-tests/Particle3DTest.
All features of Particle Universe are supported except following ones:
- Light Renderer
- Vertex Emitter
- Mesh Surface Emitter
- Inter Particle Collider
- Collision Avoidance Affector
- All Extern
For further information please read:
We would appreciate if you can test this version and report any possible bugs.